Parties are synonymous to drinking these days. Everyone thinks that if they can’t drink, then there isn’t any use of going to a party. But was it the main reason for having parties? No. The main reason of throwing and attending parties is to have a really good time and social interaction. But excessive use of alcohol has almost spoiled these two basic reasons of having a party. Every time you go to a party, you see different people who are drunk and trying to make a mess of everything.
You need to ask yourself that if you want to be amongst those or you want to enjoy the party completely in your senses? If your answer is yes, then you will definitely going to have an amazing time. If you don’t know how to have fun at a party without drinking, then you can follow some of the ideas given below:
- First of all, try to avoid the parties where there would be excessive alcohol. For example, if you know your friend John throws a party where everyone comes for drinking, then don’t go there as the basic purpose of that party would be drinking and not fun.
- Keep yourself busy in the party. Dancing is the best way of keeping yourself busy. It helps you in having fun and you can eventually distract your mind away from alcohol.
- Whenever you are thirsty, drink something else. If someone is offering you an alcohol, just ask them politely for something else. Keep yourself busy drinking soft drinks, juices or something else you like.
- Play games or involve yourself in different types of activities. That’s the best way to avoid drinking and having a fun time. Every party has different games to offer and if you can’t find any, try to play one by yourself. Involve your friends or others and you won’t know how the time has passed.
- Interact with others. Parties are all about interacting with different people and having a good time. Try to find people who want to be sober at a party and you guys can have your own enjoyment.
- Throw a party at your place where there is no alcohol. People usually drink alcohol because there isn’t much to do. If you will keep them busy with some delicious food and exciting activities, no one would be bothered about drinking.